CSUN  Wordmark
Page Description

The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.

Leaving CSUN Temporarily - Liberal Studies Program


From the Newsroom

I am interested in...

Teacher Preparation Program

Interdisciplinary Studies Option

  • Track A: Humanities
  • Track B: Human Rights
  • Track C: Sustainability
  • Track D: Russian Studies
  • Track E: China Studies
  • Track F: Interdisciplinary Specialization

Humanities Interdisciplinary Minor

Sustainability Minor

Russian Studies Minor


Student Online Workshop

Facebook Liberal Studies
Twitter Liberal Studies
Ask Matty Bubble

What clubs are offered at CSUN?

Student Affairs provides the Ask Matty information.

Leaving CSUN Temporarily?


I need to take a semester off. Who should I contact?

Unless you have been academically disqualified from CSUN, you are not required to notify anyone to leave CSUN. You may leave for up to two consecutive semesters but must re-enroll after that time to continue your status at the university. If you do not return after being gone for the two consecutive semesters, you will be required to reapply to CSUN.

I want to study abroad. How does that work?

The first step is to contact the Study Abroad Advisor at the Office of Student Development and International Programs by calling (818) 677-2393. After consulting with the Study Abroad Advisor, you must bring to your Liberal Studies Advisor course descriptions for the courses you would like to complete abroad. All courses must be approved by a Liberal Studies Advisor prior to your departure.

I want to attend another CSU campus for a semester. What is the procedure I need to follow?

The Intra-system Visitor program allows continuing students temporary leave from CSUN to enroll for one term at another CSU campus. Temporary leave arrangements may be made with the CSUN Office of Admissions and Records within the application deadlines outlined by the host campus. Both registration at the other campus and return to CSUN will be arranged by the Office of Admissions and Records without further application by the student. Contact the Office of Admissions and Records, Bayramian Hall 150 or call (818) 677-3760 for more information and applications. All courses taken though the Intra-system Visitor Program must be approved by a Liberal Studies Advisor..