RYUKOKU 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR PROGRAM
The CSUN deadline to apply is Tuesday, April 16.
Ryukoku offers two programs, as follows:
I. JCLP (Japanese Culture and Language Program) on the FUKAKUSA campus, taught in JAPANESE
(1) For Students who wish to enter the Japanese Culture and Language Program (JCLP), there is a minimum requirement of 300 hours of previous Japanese language studies, or language ability equivalent to Level 3 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
(2) Students who wish to take JCLP classes at Ryukoku will be asked to take a Japanese language placement test specifically designed for our program (including an interview) with the Japanese instructors to decide which classes they will be placed in. (From Level 2 to Level 6, Level 6 being the highest level.)
(3) The webpage for JCLP is as follows: http://intl.ryukoku.ac.jp/english/html/s_jclp_01.html
II. JAS (Japanese and Asian Studies Program) on the SETA campus, taught in ENGLISH
(1) If students do not meet the basic requirements for JCLP, they should register for the JAS program, in which all classes are conducted in English. There is no Japanese Language requirement for the JAS program but students must have achieved a TOEFL score of 500 points or above (if he/she is not a native speaker).
(2)The webpage for JAS is as follows: http://www.world.ryukoku.ac.jp/jas_web/index.html
Applying to Ryukoku
Download the Ryukoku 2013-14 Application Packet and Application Guide. Be sure to review the Ryukoku Application Guide for housing, insurance, and other program-related costs. Please be aware that Ryukoku does not offer any special financial assistance.
To apply, please submit all application materials to the Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures department office (Sierra Tower 408) no later than 1pm on Tuesday, April 16, 2013. CSUN application interviews for select candidates will be held on Tuesday, April 23 and Wednesday, April 24 (times TBA).
Application materials (due 1pm, Tuesday, April 16, Sierra Tower 408)
In addition to the included 2013 CSUN Japanese Exchange Programs Application Form, please submit the following Ryukoku application materials:
1. Ryukoku Application Form
2. Plan of Study at Ryukoku University
3. Certificate/Evaluation of Japanese Language Proficiency *Completed by your Japanese language professor
4. Letter of Recommendation *From CSUN faculty member who knows you well
5. Certificate of Health
6. Dormitory Application Form
7. Application for Certificate of Eligibility with photo
8. Official transcripts from colleges/universities you have attended
9. Passport photocopy