Student Moodle Help - I can't open a file uploaded to Moodle by my instructor. How come?
You may be missing an update or have an outdated version of the software needed to open the file.
The following tools are add-ons or independent programs that can be used to access most file types.
Viewers for commonly used file types:
- Adobe Reader - A program designed to view, create, manipulate and manage PDF files.
- VLC Media Player - An open-source multimedia player that can open most audio and video formats
- Word Viewer - A program designed to open and print Microsoft Word and other text documents. Including Word file formats: .doc, .docx and .docm. Also opens WordPerfect and Microsoft Works file types.
- Excel Viewer - A program designed to open and print Excel files. Including Excel file formats: .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xltx, .xltm, .xls, .xlt, .xlm, and .xlw.
- PowerPoint Viewer - A program designed to open PowerPoint files. Including PowerPoint file formats: .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .potx, .potm, .pps, .ppsx and .ppsm.
For additional information on accessibility and universal design, please visit the CSUN Accessibility website.