OnBase is a content management system used to capture and manage content. Content is securely stored and available to campus employees who have completed an access request form.
What is OnBase?
OnBase is an enterprise content management system purchased by the campus for managing content and processes.
Uses range from:
- Search and Retrieval
- Forms creation and workflow
- Business Process design utilizing workflow
As each department becomes an OnBase user, the document owners determine who should have access. User accounts are created during implementation. After the initial implementation, access requests are made to the document owner. If the document owner approves the request, the document owner can request that an account be created.
To request OnBase access:
|Browser||Supported Versions||MAC OS|
|Internet Explorer||11 (with Active X)|
|Firefox (ESR)||45, 52.1.0|
|Firefox (ESR)||45, 45.9.0||Mavericks OS X 10.9, Yosemite OS X 10.10, El Capitan OS X 10.11|
|Firefox||53||Mavericks OS X 10.9 to Sierra OS X 10.12|
|Chrome||49, 58.0.3029.81||Mavericks OS X 10.9 or Later|
|Safari||9.1||Mavericks OS X 10.9 to El Capitan 10.11|
|Safari||10||Mavericks OS X 10.9, Yosemite OS X 10.10, El Capitan OS X 10.11|
An enterprise training package that contains online videos and other resources is available for access by CSUN employees. In order to access the videos you must first create an account.
To create an account:
- Visit the Hyland website.
- Select the Sign up now link; follow the directions. Please be aware it may take up to 2 business days for Hyland to review and approve your request.
- Use your @csun.edu email address as your username.
- Enter a password. Do not use the same password as your University accounts.
- Choose End User as your employee role
Login to the training site:
- Once you have an account; Go to the OnBase Training webpage.
- Select the LOG IN button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your CSUN email account and the new password you created for the account.
- Select the LOG IN button.
- Select the Premium tab at the top of the page to view a list of available training videos.
Unity 15 Quick Reference Guide (,pdf) (Must be a CSUN employee to access this file)
Unity Client Keyboard Shortcuts (.pdf) (Must be a CSUN employee to access this file)
For technical questions, contact the local technical support area for your department or college.
How is OnBase accessed?
Once your account is established, most users on campus will use the OnBase client. Contact your college's technical support area for installation and configuration.
I want to scan documents, what do I need?
- First, contact your college's technical support area for installation and configuration.
- You will need a scanner with the appropriate drivers or a networked copier that can scan. Work with your college's technical support area to determine what equipment is best for your situation.