At this time, Microsoft recommends the following configuration steps for Mac Mail, to prevent the possibility of mail loss.
Set Up Instructions
- Select Preferences from the Mail pulldown menu.
- Verify that the Accounts icon is chosen.
- If the Account wizard does not open, select the + symbol in the lower left corner.
- Choose Add Other Mail Account... from the list of available options.
- Enter your CSUN Email Address (
) and enter the word “Password” in the Password field. Note: This field is required but your actual password should not be entered here.
- Select the Create button.
- Mac Mail will indicate that you have to set up the account manually. Select Next.
- Ensure that IMAP is selected.
- Enter outlook.office365.com for the Mail Server.
- Enter your CSUN Email Address ( ) and Password.
- Select Next.
- Enter smtp.office365.com for SMTP Server and your CSUN Email Address ( ) and Password.
- Select Create.
- Send a test email to confirm that sending/receiving is working correctly.
Contact the IT Help Center by phone (818) 677-1400, online, or in person in (Oviatt Library, First Floor, Learning Commons).