The Technology Infrastructure and Services Committee (TISC) advises the Executive Technology Steering Committee on decisions impacting the university’s technology infrastructure, information security, and desktop standards and support services. TISC works with the ad-hoc working group, Desktop Administration & Services Committee (DASC).
- Reviews changes to technology policies and practices and recommends them to ETSC for adoption.
- Advises the VP for IT and the IT leadership team on decisions pertaining to the adoption of new infrastructure technologies (e.g., networks, servers, storage, security, mobile and desktop computing) and the design of the University’s technical architecture.
- Provides feedback on the design, delivery and performance of enterprise IT support services.
- Recommends the need for new enterprise IT services.
- Reviews proposed technology standards and recommends them to ETSC for University-wide adoption.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
TISC Members: FY 2013 – 2014
|Chris Olsen||IT Senior Director for Infrastructure Services/ISO (chair)|
|Zack Hillbruner||IT Director for User Support Services|
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology|
|Danny Reader||Representative for Advancement|
|Chris Xanthos||Representative for Administration and Finance|
|Paul Schantz||Representative for Student Affairs|
|Steve Fitzgerald||Representative appointed by the Provost|
|Steven Stepanek||Faculty member appointed by the Faculty Executive Senate Committee in consultation with the Provost|
|Elizabeth Whirledge||Manager for Academic Resources (MAR)|
|Elizabeth Altman||Library Representative|
Note: Other IT Directors and representatives from Facilities Planning will attend as needed.
Advisory to ETSC.