The Technology Infrastructure and Services Committee (TISC) advises the Executive Technology Steering Committee on decisions impacting the university’s technology infrastructure, information security, and standards and support services for end user computer and mobile devices. The committee meets monthly.
- Reviews changes to technology policies and practices and recommends them to ETSC for adoption.
- Advises the VP for IT and the IT leadership team on decisions pertaining to the adoption of new infrastructure technologies (e.g., networks, servers, storage, security, mobile and desktop computing) and the design of the University’s technical architecture.
- Provides feedback on the design, delivery and performance of enterprise IT support services.
- Recommends the need for new enterprise IT services.
- Reviews proposed technology standards and recommends them to ETSC for University-wide adoption.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
TISC Members: FY 2016-2017
|Ranjit Philip||IT Senior Director for Infrastructure Services (chair)|
|Zack Hillbruner||IT Director for Systems Administration & User Services|
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology |
|Danny Reader||Vice President-appointed representative for Advancement|
|Editha Winterhalter||Vice President-appointed representative for Administration and Finance|
|Paul Schantz||Vice President-appointed representative for Student Affairs|
|Brian Foley||Faculty member appointed by the Faculty Executive Senate Committee in consultation with the Provost|
|Steven Stepanek||Additional faculty member serving as special guest in his role as Faculty Trustee and previous member of this committee|
|Thomas Chavez||Manager for Academic Resources (MAR)|
|Justin Kovalcik||Library Representative|
|Kevin Krzewinski||Information Security Officer|
Note: Other IT Directors and representatives from Facilities Planning will attend as needed.
Advisory to ETSC.