The SOLAR and Administrative Systems Committee (SASC) advises the Executive Technology Steering Committee on the application of technology to support CSUN’s administrative, management and student services processes, analysis and reporting. The committee meets monthly.
- Provide leadership and coordination to improve administrative and management information and analysis, including SOLAR, Portal, DARS, and data warehousing.
- Create a University-wide approach to administrative technology projects to allow consistency across the University divisions.
- Provide advice and counsel on timing, scope, and integration of SOLAR and non-SOLAR administrative or business process projects, which may impact institutional capabilities.
- Provide input to long-range technology plans and strategies by identifying opportunities to improve administrative and student services through the application of technology.
- Review, prioritize, and recommend SOLAR and administrative projects to the ETSC.
- Improve administrative services and practices.
- Coordinate the on-going maintenance and upgrades of SOLAR and administrative systems.
- Consult with the enrollment management committees, and other business process improvement groups appointed by the Vice Presidents.
SASC works with the ad-hoc SOLAR Leads working group to collaborate with, and inform college staff and faculty about student administration system changes.
SASC works with the ad-hoc SOLAR Gatekeeper working group, to appropriately review and manage access to SOLAR systems.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
SASC Members: FY 2014 – 2015
|Benjamin Quillian||Associate VP for Information Technology (co-chair)|
|Elizabeth Adams||Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies (co-chair)|
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology|
|Colin Donahue||Vice President for Administration & Finance|
|Patricia Lord||Vice President-appointed representative for Admissions and Records|
|Lili Vidal||Vice President-appointed representative for Financial Aid|
|Brian Cummins||Vice President-appointed representative for Human Resources|
|Deborah Wallace||Vice President-appointed representative for Financial and Accounting Services|
|Paul Schantz||Vice President-appointed representative for Student Affairs|
|Ira Unterman||Vice President-appointed representative for Advancement|
|Lih Wu||Representative for Tseng College|
Note: Representatives from Internal Audit, Institutional Research, and University Corporation attend as needed.
Advisory to ETSC.