The SOLAR and Administrative Systems Committee (SASC) advises the Executive Technology Steering Committee on the application of technology to support CSUN’s administrative, management and student services processes, analysis and reporting.
- Provide leadership and coordination to improve administrative and management information and analysis, including SOLAR, Portal, DARS, and data warehousing.
- Create a University-wide approach to administrative technology projects to allow consistency across the University divisions.
- Provide advice and counsel on timing, scope, and integration of SOLAR and non-SOLAR administrative or business process projects, which may impact institutional capabilities.
- Provide input to long-range technology plans and strategies by identifying opportunities to improve administrative and student services through the application of technology.
- Review, prioritize, and recommend SOLAR and administrative projects to the ETSC.
- Improve administrative services and practices.
- Coordinate the on-going maintenance and upgrades of SOLAR and administrative systems.
- Consult with the enrollment management committees, and other business process improvement groups appointed by the Vice Presidents
SASC works with the ad-hoc SOLAR Leads working group to collaborate with, and inform college staff and faculty about student administration system changes.
SASC works with the ad-hoc SOLAR Gatekeeper working group, to appropriately review and manage access to SOLAR systems.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
SASC Members: FY 2012 – 2013
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology (chair)|
|Elizabeth Adams||Senior Director for Undergraduate Studies|
|Mary Ann Cummins-Prager||Vice President-appointed representative for Student Affairs|
|John Griffin||Representative from The University Corporation|
|Patricia Lord||Vice President-appointed representative for Admissions and Records|
|Tom McCarron||Vice President for Administration & Finance|
|Bev Palmberg||Vice President-appointed representative for Tseng College|
|Benjamin Quillian||Vice President-appointed representative for Information Technology|
|Jill Smith||Vice President-appointed representative for Human Resources|
|Geetha Thomas||Vice President-appointed position for Advancement|
|Lili Vidal||Vice President-appointed representative for Financial Aid|
|Deborah Wallace||Vice President-appointed representative for Financial and Accounting Services|
Note: Representatives from Internal Audit, Institutional Research, University Corporation, University Advancement attend as needed.
Advisory to ETSC.