The Student Portal Committee is an ad-hoc working group reporting to the Executive Technology Steering Committee that is tasked with coordinating the student web portal content and design. The portal is intended to communicate necessary information to students in a manner that is visually appealing and intuitive to navigate, and to provide students with an avenue to easily conduct transactions.
- Identify myNorthridge student portal requirements needed to implement the strategic objectives of the portal.
- Implement strategic and tactical requirements.
- Develop the visual design of the portal, consistent with overall University guidelines.
- Ensure that all content is written in a manner that is in compliance with the University style guide.
- Monitor utilization and analyze results.
- Assess efficacy and satisfaction on regular basis from end users, including students as well as staff and faculty who utilize the student portal to provide services to students.
- Recommend changes in design and content based on data obtained from analysis of feedback and utilization, as well as the needs of campus communicators.
- Monitor changes in student utilization of technology to ensure that the portal can be accessed how and when students choose to enter the portal environment, recommending new directions and the integration of new technology as needed.
Membership (appointed annually by ETSC):
Members: FY 2012 – 2013
|Mary Ann Cummins-Prager||AVP for Student Access and Support Services (co-chair)|
|Ben Quillian||Vice President-appointed representative from Information Technology (co-chair)|
|Elizabeth Adams||Vice President-appointed representative from Academic Affairs|
|Michael Lazar||IT Senior Web Developer|
|May Ligh||Vice President-appointed representative from Administration and Finance|
|Patty Lord||Director, Admissions and Records|
|Sydni Powell||Associated Students President (or designee)|
|Marieanne Quiroz||Manager, Student Marketing and Communications|
|Paul Schantz||Director of Web and Technology Services, Student Affairs|
|Kathryn Sharron||IT Senior Web Development Lead|
|Kevin Krzewinski||IT Senior Director, Information Systems|
|Vacant||Vice President-appointed representative from University Advancement|
Recurring meeting schedule determined by the group.
Advisory to ETSC.