The Student Portal Committee is an ad-hoc working group reporting to the Executive Technology Steering Committee that is tasked with coordinating the student portal and student mobile content and design. The portal and student mobile apps are intended to communicate necessary information to students in a manner that is visually appealing and intuitive to navigate, and to provide students with an avenue to easily conduct transactions. The committee meets monthly.
- Identify myNorthridge student portal requirements needed to implement the strategic objectives of the portal.
- Identify student mobile app requirements to deliver mobile functionality that is effective and engaging for students.
- Implement strategic and tactical requirements.
- Develop the visual design of the portal, consistent with overall University guidelines.
- Ensure that all content is written in a manner that is in compliance with the University style guide.
- Monitor utilization and analyze results.
- Assess efficacy and satisfaction on regular basis from end users, including students as well as staff and faculty who utilize the student portal to provide services to students.
- Recommend changes in design and content based on data obtained from analysis of feedback and utilization, as well as the needs of campus communicators.
- Monitor changes in student utilization of technology to ensure that the portal can be accessed how and when students choose to enter the portal environment, recommending new directions and the integration of new technology as needed.
Membership (appointed annually by ETSC):
Members: FY 2014 – 2015
|Ben Quillian||AVP for Information Technology (co-chair)|
|Dwayne Cantrell||AVP Student Access and Support Services (co-chair)|
|Shelly Thompson||Vice President-appointed representative from Academic Affairs|
|May Ligh||Vice President-appointed representative from Administration and Finance|
|Shellie Hadvina||Vice President-appointed representative from University Advancement|
|Paul Schantz||Director of Web and Technology Services, Student Affairs|
|Vacant||Director, Web and Mobile Services, Information Technology|
|Patty Lord||Director, Admissions and Records|
|Marieanne Quiroz||Manager, Student Marketing and Communications|
|Kathryn Sharron||IT Senior Web Analyst|
|Kevin Krzewinski||IT Senior Director, Information Systems|
|Vacant||Associated Students President (or designee)|
Note: Admissions & Records and Student Marketing & Communications representatives will attend as needed.
Recurring meeting schedule determined by the group.
Advisory to ETSC.