The Executive Technology Steering Committee (ETSC) is the senior university IT governance group and principal advisor to the President on information technology issues and decisions. The ETSC reports, through the Vice President for Information Technology, to the President’s Cabinet.
- Establishes the University’s long-range technology goals.
- Approves and prioritizes all large, university-wide technology projects.
- Recommends to the President all policies and practices pertaining to technology.
- Adopts frameworks and guidelines that maintain an effective division of responsibility for enterprise and local IT services.
- Approves major changes in the delivery of technology services or service levels.
- Reviews and adopts multi-year technology plans that specify institution-wide technology priorities.
- Reviews and adjusts as necessary University-wide technology spending and staffing to optimize the use of CSUN resources.
- Conducts regular reviews of the University’s IT project portfolio and monitors its alignment with University goals, available resources, and acceptable levels of risk.
Membership (appointed by the President):
ETSC Members: FY 2013 – 2014
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology/CIO (chair)|
|Harry Hellenbrand||Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs|
|William C Watkins||Vice President for Student Affairs|
|Colin Donahue||Vice President for Administration and Finance|
|Robert Gunsalus||Vice President for University Advancement|
The Executive Director of the University Corporation will attend the monthly meetings when a topic requires broad consultation but not formal deliberation by the President’s Cabinet.
Advisory to the President.