The Desktop Administration and Support Committee (DASC) is an ad-hoc working group reporting to the Technology Infrastructure and Services Committee and convened by IT division management to address specific desktop computing operational needs. DASC provides a forum for discussing technology issues, sharing and recommending technology best practices, and communicating plans for changing IT services.
All campus technical staff are invited to quarterly DASC meetings with the goal of information dissemination and sharing. One of the quarterly meetings may be scheduled as a technology vendor fair, coordinating campus visits of key vendors such as Dell, HP, and Apple.
- Provide leadership and coordination using tools, processes and best practices to foster efficient, secure, consistent, and service-oriented administration and support of University desktop technology.
- Represent the local technology concerns (college, division, auxiliary) and serve as a conduit back to the unit for information learned at the DASC meetings.
- Provide input and counsel on operational and strategic information technology plans relating to desktop computers.
- Participate in the planning, testing, and implementation phases of campus technology projects as they pertain to desktop computers.
- Develop and recommend best practices for administering devices within the campus Identity and Access Management tool - Active Directory.
- Develop and recommend University desktop hardware and software standards.
- Develop and recommend best practices for asset management, software deployment, patch deployment, computer backup and recovery, remote assistance, and remote access.
- Recommend desktop hardware and software best practices for procurement and management, including license management, hardware inventory and de-provisioning, and negotiations with vendors.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
DASC Members: FY 2013 – 2014
|Zack Hillbruner||IT Director, User Support Services (chair)|
|Elizabeth Whirledge||Manager for Academic Resources (MAR)|
|Steve DeLuca||Associated Students, Technical Lead|
|Alexander Gonzales||University Student Union, Technical Lead|
|Felicia Morariu||Academic Affairs & Provost's Office, Technical Lead|
|Karen Primm||Admissions & Records, Technical Lead|
|Paul Schantz||Student Affairs, Technical Lead|
|Celeb Fahey||Mike Curb College of Arts, Media & Communication, Technical Lead|
|Claudia Garcia||Business & Economics, Technical Lead|
|Son Giang||Science & Mathematics, Technical Lead|
|John LaFreniere||Health & Human Development, Technical Lead|
|Michael McFarland||Library, Technical Lead|
|Chhan Mech||Humanities, Technical Lead|
|Jim Moran||Tseng College, Technical Lead|
|Anthony Nguyen||Michael D. Eisner College of Education, Technical Lead|
|Mark Siegmund||Engineering & Computer Science, Technical Lead|
|John Wall||Social & Behavioral Sciences, Technical Lead|
Note: Other IT representatives will attend as needed. All campus technical staff are invited to quarterly DASC meetings.
Advisory to TISC.