The Computer & Mobile Device Committee (CMDC) is an ad-hoc working group reporting to the Technology Infrastructure and Services Committee and convened to advise and provide support about faculty and staff end-point devices and associated operating and application software. This includes desktops, laptops, and mobile tablet devices as well as support for user file storage, desktop virtualization, computer labs and printing in compliance with university information security policies and standards. CMDC provides a forum for discussing technology issues, sharing and recommending technology best practices, and communicating plans for changing information technology services.
All campus technical staff are invited to quarterly CMDC meetings with the goal of information dissemination and sharing. One of the quarterly meetings may be scheduled as a technology vendor fair, coordinating campus visits of key vendors such as Dell, HP, and Apple.
- Implement University approved policies, tools, and best practices for managing computing hardware and software, software deployment, patch management, and backup and recovery.
- Share local unit (college, division, auxiliary) technology best practices and issues with the committee; share information with unit constituents.
- Evaluate and recommend computer hardware and software best practices for procurement and management, including license management, hardware inventory and de-provisioning, and negotiations with vendors.
- Provide input and counsel on operational and strategic information technology plans relating to end user computer and mobile devices.
- Participate in the planning, testing, and implementation phases of campus technology projects as they pertain to end user computer and mobile devices.
- Make recommendations and identify issues to the TISC as necessary.
Membership (appointed by ETSC annually):
CMDC Members: FY 2016-2017
|Ryan Conlogue||IT Director (interim), User Services (chair)|
|Thomas Chavez||Manager for Academic Resources (MAR)|
|Dominic Little||Technical Lead for IT, A&F (not PPM, DPS), Advancement. TUC, Athletics|
|Felicia Morariu||Academic Affairs & Provost's Office, Technical Lead|
|Karen Primm||Admissions & Records, Technical Lead|
|Paul Schantz||Student Affairs, Technical Lead|
|Caleb Fahey||Mike Curb College of Arts, Media & Communication, Technical Lead|
|Claudia Garcia||College of Business & Economics, Technical Lead|
|Son Giang||College of Science & Mathematics, Technical Lead|
|John LaFreniere||College of Health & Human Development, Technical Lead|
|Michael McFarland||Library, Technical Lead|
|Matthew Lang||College of Humanities, Technical Lead|
|Rayjann Patao||Tseng College, Technical Lead|
|Anthony Nguyen||Michael D. Eisner College of Education, Technical Lead|
|Mark Siegmund||College of Engineering & Computer Science, Technical Lead|
|John Wall||College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, Technical Lead|
|Gary Brotz||Department of Police Services, Technical Lead|
|Arthur Grutman||Physical Plant Management, Technical Lead|
|Steve DeLuca||Associate Students, Technical Lead|
|Brent Nelson||University Student Union, Technical Lead|
Note: Other IT representatives will attend as needed. All campus technical staff are invited to quarterly CMDC meetings.
Advisory to TISC.