Overview & Responsibilities:
The Accessibility Group is an ad-hoc working group reporting to the Executive Technology Steering Committee and will provide recommendations regarding:
- campus training needs related to accessibility;
- the most concerning current uses of materials and technologies that are not yet accessible;
- the available and needed resources for assisting faculty and staff in selecting accessible products and/or making materials and technologies accessible;
- workable standards for documenting alternative accommodation plans; and
- other actions that could be taken to insure that accessibility considerations become common business and educational practices.
Membership (appointed annually by ETSC):
Group Members: FY 2013 – 2014
|Jodi Johnson||Representative from Disability Resources and Educational Services (co-chair)|
|Ernie Perez||Director, Instructional Technology, Information Technology (co-chair)|
|Sue Cullen||Representative from Universal Design Center|
|Karen Girton-Snyder||Representative from Extended Education|
|Sean Goggin||Representative from Center on Disabilities|
|Patrice Wheeler||Representative from Disability Resources and Educational Services|
|Jim Macaluso||Representative from National Center on Deafness|
|Paul Schantz||Representative from Student Affairs IT|
|Jennifer Kalfsbeek-Goetz||Representative from Tseng College|
|Rachel Friedman-Narr||Faculty representative for Special Education appointed by the Provost|
Recurring meeting schedule determined by the group.
Advisory to ETSC.