This intensive workshop, modeled on the successful eLearning Institute, offers departments an accelerated, customized format that enables faculty to attend as cohorts. The session brings departments the essential tools, resources and peer community that faculty need to begin converting their face-to-face courses into hybrid, online or technology-enhanced versions.
What will be covered?
The workshop will cover a variety of topics related to eLearning, including:
- Apply principles for high-quality technology-enhanced instruction and materials
- Organize the delivery of technology-enhanced learning and materials
- Create faculty-authored digital content using the latest learning tools and technologies
- Design learning activities to enhance student engagement
- Assess student learning for technology-enhanced instruction and materials
Topics not covered fully in the Essentials workshop (e.g., library resources, universal design, faculty development, technical aspects of certain tools) can be pursued in-depth via a specially designed Moodle resource site containing rich online multimedia materials.
How do I sign up or get more information?
The full-day eLearning Essentials workshop can accommodate a total of 20 faculty members. Interested faculty or department chairs can contact the Faculty Technology Center to discuss participation and find the best possible schedule for the group. The workshop will be delivered over one work day (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) with ongoing resources and support made available to participants. All attendees are expected to be proficient with Moodle and/or take the necessary Moodle workshops beforehand to prepare.