To make use of all of the benefits and features available in Microsoft Exchange, you must use Outlook (PC) or Entourage "Web Services" Edition (Mac).
- Helps manage your time and information more effectively while making it easier to create and share information with others.
- Integrates email and voicemail by delivering voicemail messages to your email inbox. This allows you to manage your voicemail from your email as well as from a phone.
- Provides access to CSUN’s global address book and contact manager. Provides you with secure, centralized access to essential campus contact information.
- Provides scheduling functionality allowing you to schedule meetings with groups, check availability of coworkers, conference rooms and other resources. Sends meeting requests allowing participants to accept or deny via email.
- Provides real-time synchronization with mobile devices that support Active Sync, such as iPhones, Windows Mobile and Palm devices.
- Allows you to assign tasks which facilitates collaboration with others.
- Provides secure access to email, calendar and contacts from any web-enabled device via Webmail.
- Displays new mail alerts on your desktop, announcing the subject, sender, and first 255 characters of text in the new message. You can delete or flag the message from the new mail alert.
Switching from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 or 2010
- Out of Office Assistant: Outlook 2007 and 2010 (using Webmail) provide several improvements to the Out-of-Office feature. New functionality allows you to send Out Of office messages to internal and external recipients with different messages for each audience. Also, the new architecture offers the option to send external messages only to people in your Contacts folder.
- Managed Folders: Allow you to create custom folders in your mailbox to help with sorting and organizing mail.
- Productivity: Introduce numerous productivity enhancements to help users manage information easily and collaborate more effectively.
- Instant Search: Provide a new way to find your information regardless of its location. Outlook uses the same search technology of Microsoft Windows to deliver fast results regardless of mailbox size. In addition, an improved visual design displays each search result instantly while the search is still running.
- Color Categories and Roaming: New Color Categories give users a quick, visual way to customize and distinguish items making it easier to locate information.
- Attachment Preview: The new Attachment Previewer allows you to view attachments from the Reading Pane by making a single click. This improvement saves you time by allowing you to view attachments in context to the email.
- To-Do Bar: The new To-Do Bar integrates tasks, flagged email messages, upcoming appointments, and calendar information in one place. If you use Microsoft Office OneNote 2007, Microsoft Office Project 2007, or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web sites, your tasks will also be incorporated. The To-Do Bar gives you a consolidated view of your prioritized tasks for the day.
- Calendar Task Integration: Integrate tasks into the Daily Task List. To allot time for working on a task, you can simply drag the task to a calendar. When you complete a task, the task remains listed on the day of completion. This provides a record of the work that was performed. Tasks that you do not complete roll over to the next day and accumulate until they are completed.