The eText initiative supports faculty who are creating teaching materials, often including multimedia, interactive exercises, and embedded links. eTexts created by CSUN faculty customize content for efficient and effective learning. Aside from improving instruction, the initiative aims at reducing the cost of books.
Selection Criteria & Conditions for Funding (also see Senate Policy)
- The aim of the initiative is to produce faculty-authored eTexts that reduce the need for students to purchase expensive commercial textbooks.
- The eText must be readable from an iPad.
- The material should be made ADA accessible.
- Applicants should communicate plans with their chair.
- Faculty retain copyright.
- Any royalties from CSUN students must return to departments. Royalties from outside of CSUN may go to authors.
Applications for the 2014 eText initiative are now closed. Workshops and other forms of training will be available in Spring and Summer 2014 for faculty who have been selected to participate.
The videos below introduce eTexts with examples from the 2013 eText cohort:
Read more on comparing containers for creating eTexts.
For individualized assistance, email email@example.com.