About the Institute
The goal of the Summer Course Redesign Institute is to jumpstart the process as CSUN faculty members redesign their face-to-face courses for hybrid, online, or technology-enhanced delivery. At the Institute, faculty from across the campus work alongside each other to:
- Compare online/hybrid course design with face-to-face
- Identify ways to incorporate technology into their teaching
- Select technology-based instructional strategies to enhance learning
- Develop a course worksheet for your redesigned class
- Apply best practices to redesigning course elements
Underlying the Institute is a set of nine design principles called QOLT (Quality in Online Learning and Teaching) which ensure that online courses are designed from student perspectives.
Application information for next year’s institute or other related programs will be posted when available.
The 2014 Summer Course Redesign Institute consisted of two weeks of face-to-face sessions from June 6 through June 20. Graduates of the program are continuing to receive personalized support throughout the summer. Select participants will present their work at a Faculty Technology Center showcase event to be held during the academic year.
To learn more about what took place at the 2014 Course Redesign Institute, view an interactive timeline:
To hear from past participants about their experiences, view the 2013 Course Redesign Institute video: