Permanent Residents

The permanent resident status is reserved for international faculty who has been offered permanent positions at California State University, Northridge. 

CSUN will sponsor permanent resident status only for an individual of exceptional ability who has been offered a full-time, permanent position as a faculty member.

CSUN policy requires that the international faculty seek the assistance of an outside attorney with his or her permanent resident case.

The International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) will serve as the liaison between the international faculty, California Faculty Association (CFA) union representative and the immigration attorney hired by the international faculty who is seeking permanent resident status.

For information about CSUN sponsorship for permanent resident status, please contact Marta Lopez at (818) 677 3053 or at and Patricia Marquez at to initiate the process.