Q: When do I receive my CSUN user ID and password?
A: You will receive a mail from the Office of Admission and Records with your CSUN user ID and password once you have been admitted to the university. If you haven't received it, then please see below.
- If you are a transfer student (you attended a school in the U.S. as an F-1 student prior to transferring to CSUN), then you can contact the CSUN IT Help Center to get access to your user ID and password.
- If you are currently in your home country, you can contact the International Admissions advisor for your CSUN user ID and password.
Q: My CSUN user ID and password is not working for Canvas. What should I do?
A: The user ID to get into Canvas consists of your initials and a couple of numbers (ex. abc12345). If you do not know your user ID, please click on the IT Help Center on the left side of the Canvas homepage. Located in that same block on the left side are resources to help you understand how Canvas works and to obtain assistance with logging in. At the bottom of the page find Frequently Asked Questions.
Q: What documents should I bring with me to Step 6 of the 6-STEPS Immigration Requirements Process?
A: Submit copies of the following immigration documents to a Foreign Student Advisor:
- Valid passport
- F-1 visa stamp
- CSUN I-20 pages 1 & 2
- All pages of previous school's I-20 (only if you are transferring your SEVIS record to CSUN)
- Automated I-94
- If I-94 card, copy of front and back
- Grade print out (from STEP 2)
- International Student Financial Acknowledgement