Visa Application

A Visa is a stamp or sticker placed in your passport at a U.S. consulate or embassy outside the U.S. You must make sure that your visa is valid for your entry or re-entry into the United States. An expired visa must be renewed at a U.S. consulate/embassy outside of the U.S. prior to travel. A visa is only a permit to enter the United States.

Information on visa applications and US embassies is available at

Students are responsible for paying all required fees.

The new SEVIS I-901 fee of $200 for F-1 applicants and $180 for most J-1 exchange visitors went into effect on October 27, 2008. Please verify whether you need to pay this fee when applying for your visa. Information on the SEVIS I-901 fee is available at

IESC does not require ANY fees for the services it provides to international students. No fees, under any circumstances, shall be submitted to IESC.