International Faculty

Faculty Employment Based Visas

The information in this section is intended for international faculty members who are coming to the U.S. and have been offered full-time, probationary or permanent positions as faculty members.

If you are an international faculty member who has been offered a "visiting research scholar" position, or if you are CSUN faculty member who is interested in developing a visiting scholar opportunity for international faculty, please contact John Binkley at the Tseng College of Extended Learning.

Types of Immigration Status for Full-time International Faculty

The CSUN host academic department, in consultation with the International and Exchange Student Center (IESC), will assist you in determining the most appropriate immigration status for your stay in the U.S. For specific information regarding federal immigration regulations and university policies, select from the categories below.