TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OPENINGS FOR 2015-2016 AY
Click on the links below for detailed description including salary range and application process. Review of applications will begin November 24, 2014.
- Emphasis on Environmental Justice/Geography (Faculty Hire #15-64)
- Emphasis on History/Social Science (Faculty Hire #15-61)
ANTICIPATED PART-TIME FACULTY OPENINGS FOR 2014-2015 AY
- Alternative Media (writing, designing and publishing alternative newspapers)
- Chicana/o and the Arts
- Chicana/o Child /Adolescent / Counseling
- Chicana/o Culture
- Chicana/o Family
- Chicana/o in Films
- Chicana/o Literature
- Chicana/o Psychology
- Chicana/o Studies Documentary Film Production II
- Composition / Rhetoric
- Composition / Rhetoric - EOP
- Constitutional Issues and the Chicana/o
- Contemporary Chicana Literature
- Contemporary Issues of the Chicana
- Cultural Differences of the Chicana/o
- Field Work in Barrio Studies
- Guitar and Regional Music of the Southwest
- History of the Americas
- History of the Chicano
- History of the Chicana / Mexicana
- History of the Mexican Peoples
- Mexican Literature
- Political Organizations and Social Movements of the Barrio
- Politics of the Chicana/o
- Race, Racism, and Critical Thinking
- Regional Music of Mexico
- Religion and Chicana/o Society
- Speech Communication
- Survey of Mexican Philosophical Thought
- Urbanization and the Chicana/o
- World Migration and the Chicana/o
Current Salary Range:
Base Rate: $3458.00-$5222.00 month (from $691.00 to $1044.00 per course per month [for a six-month pay period])
Applicants should forward a current resume and a letter which designates specific courses or areas they are interested in teaching and, whenever possible, a sample course syllabus and times available for teaching assignments. The resume should include educational background, prior teaching experience, evidence of scholarship, and/or related professional experience.
Inquiries and applications should be addressed to:
Mary Pardo , Chair
Chicana/o Studies Department
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8246
For the Academic Year: April 30, 2014 / For Spring 2015 Semester ONLY: October 31, 2014
Final determination of part-time teaching assignments is contingent upon student enrollment figures and funding.
California State University, Northridge, one of the largest of the 23 campuses of The California State University system, is lcoated twenty-five miles northwest of central Los Angeles in the San Fernando VAlley, a suburb with a multi-ethnic population of over one million people. The University enrolls approximately 36,911 students (29,670 FTEs) from diverse backgrounds, served by 4,000 faculty. Nine Colleges offer baccalaureate degrees in 69 degree programs, master's degrees in 58 graduate degree programs, 2 doctorate graduate programs and 55 teaching credentials in the field of education, and various opportunities in extended learning and other special programs. For more information about the University, check our website: http://www.csun.edu/.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line at http://www-admn.csun.edu/police/clery-report.pdf. Print copies are available in the library and by request from the Department of Police Services and the Office of Faculty Affairs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity, (818) 677-2077.
The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.