ANTICIPATED PART-TIME FACULTY OPENINGS FOR 2016-2017 AY
- Alternative Media (writing, designing and publishing alternative newspapers)
- Chicana/o Adolescent
- Chicana/o and the Arts
- Chicana/o Child
- Chicana/o Culture
- Chicana/o Culture - EOP
- Chicano Families
- Chicana/o in Films
- Chicanas/os in Media
- Chicana/o Literature
- Composition / Rhetoric
- Composition / Rhetoric - EOP
- Constitutional Issues and the Chicana/o
- Contemporary Chicana Literature
- Contemporary Issues of the Chicana
- Counseling the Chicana/o Child
- Cultural Differences of the Chicana/o
- Equity & Diversity in Schools
- Field Work in Barrio Studies
- Guitar and Regional Music of the Southwest
- History of the Americas
- History of the Chicano
- History of the Chicana / Mexicana
- History of the Mexican Peoples
- Mexican Literature
- Political Organizations and Social Movements of the Barrio
- Politics of the Chicana/o
- Race, Racism, and Critical Thinking
- Race, Racism, and Critical Thinking - EOP
- Regional Music of Mexico
- Religions and Spiritualities in Chicana/o Communities
- Speech Communication
- Speech Communication - EOP
- Survey of Mexican Philosophical Thought
- The Chicana/o and Social Institutions
- Third World Women and the Chicana
- Urbanization and the Chicana/o
- Women in Latin America
- World Migration and the Chicana/o
Current Salary Range:
Base Rate: $3595.00-$5387.00 month (from $719.00 to $1077.00 per course per month [for a six-month pay period])
Applicants should forward a current resume and a letter which designates specific courses or areas they are interested in teaching and, whenever possible, a sample course syllabus and times available for teaching assignments. The resume should include educational background, prior teaching experience, evidence of scholarship, and/or related professional experience.
Inquiries and applications should be addressed to:
Gabriel Gutierrez , Chair
Chicana/o Studies Department
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8246
For the Academic Year: April 29, 2016 / For Spring 2017 Semester ONLY: November 11, 2016
Final determination of part-time teaching assignments is contingent upon student enrollment figures and funding.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line at http://www-admn.csun.edu/police/clery-report.pdf. Print copies are available in the library and by request from the Department of Police Services and the Office of Faculty Affairs.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity, (818) 677-2077.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, CSUN strives to create a community in which a diverse population can work, teach, and learn in an atmosphere of civility and respect for the rights of each individual. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, medical information, marital status, or veteran status. For more information about the University, check our website: http://www.csun.edu/.