The Central American Studies Program offers these options: the Standard Major, the Double Major and the Minor.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Central American Studies Program has identified five learning outcomes:
- Students will develop critical thinking, writing, and reading skills.
- Students will acquire an awareness of the complexity of the historical, social, and cultural developments in Central America as well as an understanding of the diverse Central American cultures, ethnicities, experiences, and worldviews.
- Students will expand their understanding of the transnational Central American community’s experience, and its economic and cultural contributions to the US and Central America.
- Students will develop the intellectual and social foundations, and leadership skills necessary for promoting social change in US society, especially, in relation to Central American peoples in the US.
- Students will recognize, understand, evaluate, and change the culture of exclusion that has been prevalent in Central America and the US.