The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.
Recreation & Tourism Management
Redwood Hall, 250
18111 Nordhoff St
Northridge, CA 91330-8269
(818) 677 - 3202
(818) 677 - 2695 fax
Student Learning Outcomes of the RTM Undergraduate Program
1. Students will demonstrate critical thinking including analysis, synthesis and application in the fields of recreation, play, leisure, parks, hospitality and/or tourism through a variety of pedagogies.
2. Students will practice and self-assess progress toward mastery of the standards and competencies of appropriate accrediting bodies through continual self-assessment and portfolio development.
3. Students will demonstrate application and integration of theoretical knowledge in a practical setting through a minimum of 400 hours of professional internship in preparation for pursuing employment.
4. Students will demonstrate an increase in Emotional Intelligence while pursuing their degree objectives.
Student Learning Outcomes of the RTM Graduate Program
1. Students will demonstrate critical thinking including analysis, synthesis, and evaluation within the recreation, hospitality and/or tourism industry (ies) through a variety of pedagogies.
2. Students will apply knowledge of the economic, environmental, cultural and social impacts of hospitality, tourism and/or recreation experience to real world settings or problems.
3. Students will obtain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in preparation for a career in the tourism, hospitality and/or recreation industry (ies) as demonstrated by satisfactory completion of research projects, course work, and internships.