Time log forms
Interns, please make sure you log your hours once a week.
Marilyn Magaram Center - Internship Rules
• Unless otherwise noted, it is preferred (but not required) that one year commitments be made for each position.
• Unless otherwise noted, all internships provide one academic credit for each semester enrolled. Credit may also be available for summer internships although this is not guaranteed.
• Internships will be filled based upon the applicant’s qualifications for the positions applied for.
• Please see position descriptions for complete details about each internship including time commitments, qualifications and prerequisites
• Students may apply for as many internship positions as they would like although they will only be offered one position per semester
• In any given semester, if there are no qualified applicants for a particular position, it may not be filled for that semester.
Marilyn Magaram Center - Internships
The Marilyn Magaram Center for Food Science, Nutrition and Dietetics offiers a number of student internships for undergraduate and graduate students.
The intern who oversees this program is responsible for identifying webinars, teleseminars and other relevant learning experiences that address topics in the field of food science and/or nutrition and events coordinating with MMC staff to plan all aspects of the event.
The Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program at CSUN is in collaboration with Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark, CA. Faculty, staff, and students have the opportunity to sign up for memberships which allows them to receive farm‐fresh produce on a weekly basis. The intern will be responsible for supervising volunteers and overseeing the hand‐out location every Tuesday afternoon.
This internship will allow a student to assist and coordinate with the FCS Department Instructional Support Assistant and course instructors using the Food Chemistry laboratory (SQ134) to oversee the use, care and maintenance of the equipment and supplies the lab.
This internship will allow the students to assist and coordinate with the FCS Department Instructional Support Assistant and course instructors using the lab to oversee the use, care and maintenance of the equipment and supplies in Theriot Laboratory (SQ 110/112).
In this internship, students will conduct body composition analysis using the BodPod for interested campus and community members. Measurements may also be conducted for study subjects involved in research projects undertaken by the MMC and/or FCS faculty. Students will also use Food Processor software to conduct nutrient analyses of food records for interested campus and community members and/or for study subjects involved in research projects undertaken by the MMC and/or FCS faculty. Analyses may also be completed for recipes provided by outside food manufacturers. The intern will also be responsible for creating and distributing marketing and informational materials regarding Health Assess services offered through the MMC.