The following page is a two column layout with a global navigation. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update information.
Health and Human Development specializations cover a range of career fields. From the personal to the environmental levels, studies in Health and Human Development all relate to well being.
Students explore the sciences, human interest and aesthetics. Among the variety of areas HHD students explore, a student of HHD could be:
- working with a student and faculty team on a special project testing homes for toxics;
- sharing recipes at the Farmers' Market to help families prepare nutritious meals when budgets are tight;
- bringing physical education programs into schools to reverse the trend toward childhood obesity;
- advancing a Registered Nursing degree to a Bachelor's to strengthen the health care workforce;
- partnering with schools to bring literacy to children in low income areas;
- using playful interaction to help children with learning disabilities develop and improve communication skills.
- learning about ways to help the aging reduce the risk of falling by strengthening balance;
- promoting health, balanced lifestyle and well being through recreation and play.
The departments and programs in HHD all share a common purpose - to improve the quality of people's lives.
Visit the departments' websites and learn about courses and degree programs, internships, community involvement and more!