The Kinesiology faculty is here to assist you in the pursuit of your academic goals. Your success depends upon your commitment, responsibility, and dedication to taking the appropriate steps toward these goals. A sound academic plan is a great first step.
During your first semester as a Kinesiology major:
- Make an appointment with a College Advisor at Health and Human Development (HHD) at SQ 111 (818-677-2883).
- Transfer students must also attend an open advisement workshop from HHD and KIN
- Current Students attend a Mandatory Advisement Group (MAG) session before seeing your advisor. Holds are removed during the MAG
- Students can download the following for more information:
- Excercise Science and Applied Fitness MAG announcement flyer
- MAG presentation information, available in PDF format and PowerPoint format
- MAG Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample graduation evaluation
- Make an appointment with the Undergraduate Coordinator Dr. Kimberly Henige, who will:
- assign an advisor
- answer your questions
- evaluate prior coursework
- establish a first semester plan of study
Thereafter, you must meet with your assigned advisor AT LEAST once a semester to:
- design a schedule of classes
- remove your registration Hard Hold
- establish a 2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-year plan of study
Please fill out a Change of Major/Option form if you want to add or switch a major or an option.