Individuals wishing to apply to the MSHA Program must complete the online Graduate Admissions Application from the University Admissions and Records Office at https://secure.csumentor.edu/AdmissionApp/grad_apply.asp.
MSHA application period for Fall 2015 admission is October 1, 2014 through March 2, 2015
IMPORTANT – The CSU Mentor online application alone is not enough to meet the required deadline. The Graduate Program Admissions process will not begin until all required materials have been submitted. In addition to completing the CSU Mentor Graduate Application online, additional application materials listed below must be provided to the Health Sciences Department on or before March 2, 2015.
- Master of Science in Health Administration Supplemental Application
- Three letters of recommendation
- A Personal Statement of Purpose
- A current resume. The level of work experience in a healthcare related organization often is a contributing factor in the admission decision because of the ability to articulate clear career goals.
- Transcripts must be requested from your undergraduate university and sent directly to the CSUN Admissions and Records Office.
NOTE: Two sets of official transcripts are required – one “must” be sent to Admissions & Records and the other to the Health Sciences Department.
Additional Applicant Obligations
(See additional notes on these topics under conditional status below):
- For applicants with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, and less than 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, you are required to take the GRE, score in the 50th percentile in one or more sections, and submit the official report of GRE scores – http://www.ets.org/gre to the University. Scores must be received by March 2, 2015.
- For students graduating from institutions outside of the California State University system, you are required to pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam with a score of 8 or higher. http://www.csun.edu/undergraduate-studies/UDWPE
- Proof of satisfactorily completion of college level courses in accounting and statistics.
Conditional Admission Status
An applicant may be admitted into “Conditional Status” if the above “Additional Applicant Obligations” have not been fully met. One or more of the following qualifying requirements may need to be completed by or before finishing twelve units of graduate coursework in the MSHA program:
- A newly admitted applicant not having a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in Health Administration or its equivalent, may be assigned a program of prerequisite courses in Health Sciences:
- HSCI 510 Systems for Health Delivery in the US; and
- HSCI 511 Health Services Administration Theory and Practice.
- Students who have not completed college level courses in accounting and statistics prior to applying to the MSHA program must take such a course during the first or second semester after admission.
- The Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) may also be taken after the applicant has been admitted and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
Advancement from Conditional to Classified Status
Students admitted as conditionally classified must complete all qualifying course work and/or UDWPE within twelve units of graduate course work prior to moving from conditional to fully classified status. In addition,
1. A GPA of 3.0 or better must be achieved in qualifying graduate course work.
2. All “conditions” of admission must be completed within 12 units of course work.
3. Students completing qualifying course work must meet with their faculty advisor to complete the paperwork to advance from conditional to classified status.
Admitted applicants will be notified (if applicable) of any conditional requirements at time of admission.
Applicants who are admitted will not be allowed to register until a formal Letter of Intent to Attend is received.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Brian Malec, MSHA Graduate Coordinator at (818) 677-4081 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Send required supplementary application materials to:
Department of Health Sciences
California State University, Northridge
Master of Science in Health Administration
c/o Admissions Coordinator
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8285