The CSUN Graduate Studies Department is hosting FREE GRE workshops. Click here for more information.
Fall 2017 applications are open from October 3, 2016 until March 3, 2017. Please read all information below CAREFULLY.
Application Priority: The review of complete applications begins December 1, 2016. Early applications are encouraged, to ensure timely receipt of all required documentation. Complete applications received after December 1st may be considered, but will have reduced opportunities for program admission. Incomplete applications (including those missing letters of recommendation) received after 5pm (PST) on March 3, 2017 will not be considered.
Notification of Admission: Applicants who submitted by the December 1, 2016 deadline are expected to hear of admission status AFTER January 31, 2017. Applicants who submit after the December 1, 2016 deadline, and by the March 3, 2017 deadline are expected to hear of admission status AFTER April 30, 2017.
- The Fall 2017 MPH Checklist found here provides all needed information to assist in submitting your application to the program.
- Please be advised that students will complete two (2) applications: one for the University via CSU Mentor, and one for the MPH Program via ApplyWeb(department application). Use the Fall 2017 MPH Checklist when you apply!
- Statement of Purpose: See attached tips on writing your statement of purpose for the MPH in Community Health Education or Applied Epidemiology.
- Rolling admissions process: Due to limited class sizes, early applications are encouraged to improve likelihood of admission. Applications received after December 1, 2016 or immediately before the March 3, 2017 deadline, although acceptable, will be considered but will have reduced opportunities for admissions.
- International applicants: Applicants are encouraged to contact the International Admissions office for assistance and specific information. Note that applicants must submit a COMPLETE application to be considered for admission – this includes all materials properly submitted to ApplyWeb for the department as well as the University application. We currently do NOT accept students through the Intensive English Program (IEP).
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Many questions pertaining to the MPH program can be easily answered by clicking on the FAQs tab on the right side panel. Please review these FAQs prior contacting the program regarding questions.
Please do not send any paper materials to do the department office – all materials are to be submitted online!
Additional Student Obligations (See additional notes on these topics under conditional status below):
- For those applicants with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, you are required to take the GRE, score in the 50th percentile in one or more sections, and submit the official report of GRE scores – http://www.ets.org/gre to the University.
- For applicants graduating from institutions outside of the California State University system, you are required to pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam with a score of 8 or higher. http://www.csun.edu/undergraduate-studies/UDWPE
A student may be admitted into “Conditional Status” if the above "Additional Student Obligations" have not been fully met. One or more of the following qualifying requirements may need to be completed by or before finishing twelve units of graduate coursework in the MPH program:
- Students with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, must take the GRE before entry to the MPH program and submit their scores along with their admission packet.
- Students who have not completed an upper division course in biostatistics prior to applying to the MPH program may take such a course during the first or second semester after admission.
- The Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) may also be taken after the applicant has been admitted and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
Applicants will be notified (if applicable) of the conditional requirements at time of admission.
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.