Individuals wishing to apply to the MPH Program must complete the online Graduate Admissions Application from the University Admissions and Records Office at:
MPH application period for Fall 2015 admission is October 1, 2014 through March 2, 2015
IMPORTANT – The CSU Mentor online application alone is not enough to meet the required deadline. The Graduate Program Admissions Team will not begin to review your application until it is complete. In addition to completing the CSU Mentor Graduate Application online, additional application materials listed below must be provided to the Health Sciences Department on or before March 2, 2015.
- MPH Supplemental Application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) /Resume
NOTE: Two sets of official transcripts are required – one must be sent to Admissions & Records and the other to the Health Sciences Department.
Additional Student Obligations (See additional notes on these topics under conditional status below):
- For those applicants with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, you are required to take the GRE, score in the 50th percentile in one or more sections, and submit the official report of GRE scores – http://www.ets.org/gre to the University.
- For applicants graduating from institutions outside of the California State University system, you are required to pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam with a score of 8 or higher. http://www.csun.edu/undergraduate-studies/UDWPE
- Proof of satisfactorily completing a college level biostatistics course with a grade of B or better.
A student may be admitted into “Conditional Status” if the above "Additional Student Obligations" have not been fully met. One or more of the following qualifying requirements may need to be completed by or before finishing twelve units of graduate coursework in the MPH program:
- Students with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, may take the GRE either before entry to the MPH program, or once in the program and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
- Students who have not completed an upper division course in biostatistics prior to applying to the MPH program may take such a course during the first or second semester after admission.
- The Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) may also be taken after the applicant has been admitted and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
Applicants will be notified (if applicable) of the conditional requirements at time of admission.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Jenny Yi, Graduate Coordinator at (818) 677-7930 or email@example.com.