APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2016 OPEN OCTOBER 12, 2015 AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL MARCH 4, 2016.
- The Fall 2016 MPH Application Checklist found here provides all needed information to assist in submitting your application to the program.
- Please be advised that students will complete two (2) applications: one for the University via CSU Mentor, and one for the MPH program via ApplyWeb. Use the Fall 2016 Application Checklist when you apply!
- Please upload your statement of purpose to the online application. The statement should be a minimum of two and a maximum of three double spaced type-written pages. The writing of the Statement of Purpose must be done exclusively by the MPH applicant. See the attached tips on writing your statement of purpose for the MPH in Community Health Education or in Applied Epidemiology.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This means that the sooner a student submits a complete application, the sooner he/she will know of acceptance to the program.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY PAPER MATERIALS TO THE DEPARTMENT OFFICE - ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Additional Student Obligations (See additional notes on these topics under conditional status below):
- For those applicants with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, you are required to take the GRE, score in the 50th percentile in one or more sections, and submit the official report of GRE scores – http://www.ets.org/gre to the University.
- For applicants graduating from institutions outside of the California State University system, you are required to pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam with a score of 8 or higher. http://www.csun.edu/undergraduate-studies/UDWPE
- Proof of satisfactorily completing a college level biostatistics course with a grade of B or better.
A student may be admitted into “Conditional Status” if the above "Additional Student Obligations" have not been fully met. One or more of the following qualifying requirements may need to be completed by or before finishing twelve units of graduate coursework in the MPH program:
- Students with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, must take the GRE before entry to the MPH program and submit their scores along with their admission packet.
- Students who have not completed an upper division course in biostatistics prior to applying to the MPH program may take such a course during the first or second semester after admission.
- The Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) may also be taken after the applicant has been admitted and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
Applicants will be notified (if applicable) of the conditional requirements at time of admission.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Bethany Rainisch at (818) 677-2341 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may also contact Dr. Patty Kwan at (818) 677-6992 or email her at email@example.com.