Individuals wishing to make application to the MPH Program may do so by requesting a Graduate Admissions Application from the University Admissions and Records Office or by obtaining the Graduate Admissions Application on line. To secure a Supplementary Application for Master of Public Health applicants may choose to either visit the Health Sciences Department or click on the link to the Web source and print a copy of the application. In addition to completing the Graduate Application and the Supplemental Application the following information must be provided:
MPH Application Deadline is March 31, 2014 (Now Closed)
Applications for Fall 2014 (Application period is currently closed for Fall 2014. Please check back for Fall 2015 application.):
- Department Application
- Three letters of recommendation
- For those students with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units, an official report of GRE scores
- For more information about additional student obligations please see below.
- For students graduating from institutions outside of the California State University system the results of the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam
- Proof of satisfactorily completing a college level biostatistics course
Those students with less than a 3.0 overall grade point average, or 3.2 grade point average for their last 60 units completed prior to making application to the MPH program may be admitted into "Conditional Status," and must complete one or more of the following qualifying requirements by or before finishing twelve units of graduate coursework in the MPH program:
- The GRE may be taken either before entry to the MPH program, or once in the program and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
- Students who have not completed an upper division course in biostatistics prior to making application to the MPH program may take such a course during the first or second semester after admission.
- The Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) may also be taken after the applicant has been admitted and before completing twelve units of graduate course work.
The makeup of the qualifying program will be determined at time of admission.
For additional information please contact Dr. Jenny Yi, Graduate Coordinator at (818) 677-7930