For both concentrations: NT and COM interns must submit the following:
- Letter of application (please indicate in the letter which concentration you would like to be considered for, Nutritional Therapy, Community or both)
- ADA application,
- A Bachelor’s Degree,
- Verification Statement from an ADA approved/accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or a Declaration of Intent to complete the DPD must be submitted,
- Signed DI professional program contract form found on the CSUN DI website,
- 3 letters of recommendations (One must be from and employer /supervisor and one must be from Nutrition/Dietetics faculty.),
- GPA of 3.0 or above. (If GPA is lower than 3.0, the student must take the GRE before applying.)
- GRE form must be submitted with application. To qualify for admission, an applicant must score at the 50 percentile or higher on one of the three areas.
- Applicants interested in applying to the DI must file a separate application for graduate school at California State University Northridge (CSUN). Students must submit letter of acceptance to the university with the DI application.
For NT concentration:
- Previous work experience in dietetics or related filed setting. Clinical setting preferred.
For COM concentration:
- The intern must be employed by a California WIC program at the time of application and maintain continued employment in good standing at a WIC agency. (One letter of recommendation must be from a WIC supervisor)
If the four positions are not filled with WIC employees, additional interns will be selected.
Applicants interested in applying to the DI must file a separate application for graduate school at California State University Northridge (CSUN). This can be done on-line through the university website: www.csun.edu. When applying to the graduate school, use the code for the FCS program, which is 13011. Requirements for DI program admission include an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0. If the applicant does not have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, he/she must take the GRE and provide a copy of your GRE score sheet in the envelope with your DI application. If you need to take the GRE, allow several months so that you can obtain and then submit your GRE scores in the packet with your DI application. To evaluate your GRE score, check the percentile. The applicant must score at the 50 percentile or higher on one of the three areas.