An academic minor can enhance the focus of any degree program. We encourage students from majors inside and outside of Family & Consumer Sciences to contact us for further information about a minor in FCS.
Students majoring in Family & Consumer Sciences may wish to pursue academic minors within FCS in the following academic options:
- Apparel Merchandising - designed for students wanting some expertise in apparel merchandising as an adjunct to their major fields in marketing, journalism, consumer affairs, communications, advertising, etc.
- Child-Care Administration - meets requirements for Title 22 Child Care Permit.
- Family and Consumer Sciences - suitable for secondary and elementary teaching credentials.
- Family Studies - consists of 18 units.
- Food Science - consists of 43 units.
- Human Sexuality - interdisciplinary minor