J-1 Exchange Visitor Status Information for Foreign Scholars
California State University, Northridge has been designated by the U.S. Department of State as a program sponsor for an Exchange Visitor Program No. P-1-02896. Under this program, CSUN may issue a "Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status" to enable foreign scholars who meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a J-1 visa and enter the United States.
The Responsible Officer of CSUN's Exchange Visitor Program, Gloria Roberts of The Office of Graduate Studies, Research & International Programs (GRIP) is authorized to issue DS-2019 forms to persons who are eligible for one of four categories.
International Faculty (H1-B status)
To file for a new or continuing H1-B Status (petition for processing non-immigrant worker) you need to submit the following information/documentation:
- Complete H-1B Data Collection Form
- Photocopy of current passport
- Photocopy of current visa
- Photocopy of I-94 card (front and back)
- Photocopy of I-797 Approval Notice/s, if applicable
- Photocopy of I-20 form/s, if applicable
- EAD Card, if applicable
- Appointment letter
- Transcripts or copy of terminal degree: if you do not have an advanced degree from a US educational institution, we will also need a certified evaluation and translation.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of support (from dean and department chair)
- Course evaluation reports for past two years, if applicable
Some U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services forms are available to download from their website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis