Panhellenic Resolution Regarding Pranking
Chapters agree that all members of the Panhellenic Community must be educated about the issues related to image and pranking. Chapters agree to educate all of their members about:
- Risk management
- The contents of this resolution at least once a year, and
- Consequences of breaking this agreement.
Chapters agree that each member of the Panhellenic community must agree to the guidelines and provisions in order for them to be effective. Pranks include, but are not limited to:
- Stealing personal property;
- Breaking into property;
- Vandalism of any kind;
- Obstructing exits and/or personal endangerment;
- Involving food products of any kind;
- Toilet papering.
Individual action will reflect on the entire chapter. Chapters agree that accountability for actions is to the success of this agreement.
- Chapters agree to address problems straightforwardly and with maturity.
- Chapter presidents (or next officer in line) agree to contact each other immediately when problems arise between chapters. Open communication will be encouraged and valued.
- Chapters agree to take responsibility for their own actions.
- If chapters cannot reach a solution amongst themselves, then investigations by committee will take place with the possibility of sanctions through the Panhellenic Judicial process. This committee will be formed by the Panhellenic Council and all decisions will be final.
As the Panhellenic members of California State University, Northridge wish to strengthen the Panhellenic community, improve the Panhellenic image on campus and in the community at large, this resolution shall be adopted.
This resolution was adopted by the Panhellenic Council on March 5, 2001