Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic Council Alcohol Policy
The ALCOHOL POLICY of the CSUN Interfraternity and Panhellenic Council includes the provisions which follow and shall apply to all the fraternity entities and all levels of fraternity membership at CSUN.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
- The possession, use and/or consumption of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, while on their chapter premises, during an official fraternity event, or in any situation sponsored or endorsed by the chapter, must be in all compliance with any and all applicable laws of the state, province, county, city and university.
- No alcoholic beverages may be purchased through the chapter treasury nor may the purchase of same for members of guests be undertaken or coordinated by any member in the name of or on behalf of the chapter. The purchase and/or use of a bulk quantity of such alcoholic beverages, i.e., kegs, is prohibited.
- No chapter members, collectively or individually, shall purchase for, serve to, or sell alcoholic beverages to any minor (i.e., those under the legal "drinking age").
- The possession, sale and/or use of any ILLEGAL DRUG OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE at any chapter house, sponsored event or at any event that an observer would associate with the fraternity, is strictly prohibited.
- No chapter may co-sponsor an event with an alcohol distributor, charitable organization or tavern (tavern is defined as an establishment generating more than half of annual gross sales from alcohol) where alcohol is given away, sold or otherwise provided to those present unless otherwise approved by 2/3 vote of the governing GAMMA body (consisting of a Quorum).
- No chapter may co-sponsor or co-finance a function where alcohol is purchased by any of the host chapters or organizations.
- All rush activities associated with any chapter will be a DRY function.
- OPEN PARTIES where alcohol is present, meaning those with unrestricted access by non-members of the fraternity, without specific invitation, shall be prohibited.
- No member shall permit, tolerate, encourage or participate in the "drinking games" in any organized event, registered by the school or any formal activity.
- No alcohol shall be present at any pledge/associate member/novice program or activity of the chapter.