Always review the My Checklist and My Financial Obligations pagelets in the myNorthridge Portal for document request deadlines and personalized information about your financial aid status.
- March 2 is the annual priority filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act application. To be eligible for financial aid funds in the upcoming academic year, you must apply by March 2 of the current academic year.
- June 2, 2014, is the priority Financial Aid Document Deadline for the 2014/15 academic year. By submitting your documents by this deadline, your fall enrollment will be protected until your 2014/15 financial aid eligibility can be determined. If you miss the deadline or are ultimately not awarded grant assistance and do not accept the loans offered, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and fees according to established fee payment deadlines. For information on tuition fee payment, please go to the University Cash Services website.
- Note: Your student portal may reflect a different due date for financial aid documents. You should submit your documents by the due date on your portal as the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department has a 3 week deadline to submit documents once requested with the last day a student can submit requested documents being June 2, 2014 to keep priority status for enrollment protection. Documents are processed in the date order received and review of submitted documents can take up to 9 weeks.
- Mid to late June is when the annual Satisfactory Academic Progress appeal deadline will be determined. Please check back for additional information.
- June 30, 2014, is the deadline to submit a Summer 2014 loan request form (Stafford/PLUS) if you are attending Summer Session II.
- August 11, 2014, is the deadline to submit a Summer 2014 loan request form (Stafford/PLUS) if you are attending Summer Session 1 and/or Summer Session III.
- December 5, 2014, is the deadline to submit a loan request form (Stafford/PLUS) if you are attending only the Fall 2014 semester.
- May 1, 2015, is the deadline to submit a loan request form (Stafford/PLUS) if you are attending for the academic year (Fall 2014 and Spring 2015) or attending only for the Spring 2015 semester.