financial aid basics
Bayramian Hall, first floor
(west of the Oviatt Library)
Monday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
(referral slip required from the first-floor financial aid window)
Please be in line at least 30 minutes before closing; hours are subject to change.
Federal Perkins Loan
Interest: 5 percent; no interest is charged while you're in school or during the nine-month grace period.
Repayment: Begins nine months after you graduate or leave school. Payments may be extended over a 10-year period.
Lender: Cal State Northridge is your lender for the federal Perkins loan.
- Students must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students must be U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens.
- Students must be enrolled (or plan to be enrolled) in at least six units, or four units for a master's program.
- Students must achieve satisfactory academic progress as established by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department.
- Students must submit all documents requested by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department.
- Students cannot be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment on any grants.
Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department.