financial aid basics
Bayramian Hall, first floor
(west of the Oviatt Library)
Monday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Counseling Hours
Monday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
A referral slip is required from the first-floor financial aid window. Visits with a financial aid counselor are limited to 15 minutes. Please have your questions ready.
Please be in line at least 30 minutes before closing; hours are subject to change.
Always check the "My Checklist" and "My Financial Obligations" pagelets in the myNorthridge Portal for document request deadlines and personalized information about your financial aid status.
- March 2 is the annual priority filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act application. To be eligible for financial aid funds in the upcoming academic year, you must apply by March 2 of the current academic year.
- Early June is when the annual Satisfactory Academic Progress appeal deadline will be determined. Please check back June for additional information.
- June 2, 2014 is the priority Financial Aid Document Deadline for the 2014/15 academic year. By submitting your documents by this deadline, your fall enrollment will be protected until your 2014/15 financial aid eligibility can be determined. If you miss the deadline or are ultimately not awarded grant assistance and do not accept the loans offered, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and fees according to established fee payment deadlines. For information on tuition fee payment, please go to the University Cash Services website.
Note: Your student portal may reflect a different due date for financial aid documents. You should submit your documents by the due date on your portal as the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department has a 3 week deadline to submit documents once requested with the last day a student can submit requested documents being June 2, 2014 to keep priority status for enrollment protection. Documents are processed in the date order received and review of submitted documents can take up to 9 weeks.
- April 25, 2014, is the deadline to submit a Cost of Attendance Appeal Form and a Student/Parent Income Appeal Form if you are attending fall 2013 and spring 2014.
- May 2, 2014, is the deadline to submit a 2013-2014 federal Stafford loan request if you are requesting a loan for the 2013-2014 academic year or spring 2014 semester only.
- May 2, 2014, is the deadline to submit a 2013-2014 federal direct parent loan for undergraduate students (PLUS) or graduate PLUS loan information and request form if you are requesting a loan for the 2013-2014 academic year or spring 2014 semester only.
- Additional deadline dates for 2014/15 academic year will be posted in April 2014. Please check back at that time.