DATE: March 16, 2017
TO: Deans, Financial Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
FROM: Deborah Wallace Sharon Eichten
AVP, Financial Services AVP, Budget Planning & Management
SUBJECT: FY 2016/17 Year-End Calendar
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight a few items pertaining to year-end. Please take note of the deadlines on the calendar to ensure that the year-end closing process can be completed on schedule.
- All correcting entries for 2016/17 fiscal year activity are due by the following dates. Correcting entries will not be allowed after these due dates.
Transactions Posted Correcting Entries Due Date January 1, 2017 - March 31, 2017 April 28, 2017 April 1, 2017 - April 30, 2017 May 26, 2017 May 1, 2017 - May 31, 2017 June 16, 2017 June 2017 (485XX Funds) June 30, 2017 at 12:00 Noon June 2017 (All Other Funds) July 5, 2017 at 12:00 Noon
- Transfers in Online Budget (OLB) deadline is July 3, 2017. This deadline is subject to change if the posting of the payroll and benefits allocation is delayed at the State Controller’s Office (SCO).
- Transfers of State Funds Requests for 2016/17 MOUs must be received by Financial Services on or before Friday, June 16, 2017. Requests received after this date will not be processed.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are processed annually. All MOUs for FY 2017/18 are due to Financial Services no later than Thursday, June 15, 2017. The FY 2017/18 MOU form will be available Monday, April 3, 2017 under Financial Forms A-Z.
- The deadline to submit student fee accountability information for 2016/17 fiscal year activity is Tuesday, August 1, 2017. This information is reported to the Chancellor’s Office and reviewed by the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. Specific information regarding this process will be distributed at a later date.
- The year-end calendar listing the processing deadlines, memo and financial forms can be located on the University Financial Management home page.