Faculty Awards 2016
* The deadline for nominations was February 19th. The deadline for 2017 award nominations is February 17, 2017.
Awards are presented each year to a select group of California State University, Northridge faculty members, in recognition of outstanding achievement in a variety of areas. The awards honor:
- Outstanding Faculty Award (.pdf) - Up to (2) awards, $1700 each
- Distinguished Teaching, Counseling, or Librarianship Award (.pdf) - Up to (3) awards, $1,200 each
- Preeminent Scholarly Publication(s) Award (.pdf) - $1,200
- Exceptional Creativity Award (.pdf) - $1,200
- Extraordinary Service Award (.pdf) - $1,200
- Visionary Community Service-Learning Award (.pdf) - $1,200
The awards are generously supported by the CSUN President and Provost, the University Foundation, and the Office for Community Engagement. In general, all CSUN faculty (both full-time and part-time) are eligible, and nominations may come from almost any source. Specific guidelines govern each award; nominations must conform to them. You can find the eligibility requirements, award criteria, and nominating procedure for each award by clicking on the appropriate link above.
A faculty member may be nominated for more than one award during an academic year but normally may be awarded only one award per academic year. The award committees and the Faculty President will work together to ensure that, normally, no faculty member receives more than one award per academic year.
THE NOMINATOR SHOULD DETERMINE THAT THE NOMINEE AGREES TO BE NOMINATED PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THE FORM TO THE FACULTY SENATE OFFICE.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is February 17, 2017. The deadline for receipt of supporting materials is March 17, 2017. All materials are to be submitted to the Faculty Senate Office (Oviatt Library, Room 10; Mail Drop 8221). Questions? e-mail: Senate Office or Phone: (818) 677-3263.