This page provides information related to faculty additional employment, the Additional Employment Policy (HR 2002-05), and the new Automated Additional Pay System which was implemented on August 1, 2016.
Faculty Additional Employment
Additional Employment Policy
The CSU Additional Employment Policy (HR 2002-05) and the Unit 3 Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement (Article 36) establishes a limit of 125% on the total amount of employment an individual may have within the CSU system. Additional employment limitations are based on time-base (FTE), not salary. An employee may be provided with an appointment not to exceed 25% above the 1.0 full-time position.
- Additional Employment Guidelines and Procedures (.pdf)
- Restrictions on Total Employment for Full-Time Faculty (.pdf)
- Restrictions on Total Employment for Part-Time Instructional Personnel (.pdf)
- Total Instructional Employment Disclosure Form (.pdf)
- Outside Employment Disclosure Form (.pdf)
Automated Additional Pay System Written Guides
- Extended Learning Additional Pay System Guide (.pdf)
- State 2403 Additional Pay System Guide (.pdf)
- State 4660 Additional Pay System Guide - Faculty (.pdf)
- State 4660 Additional Pay System Guide - Staff (.pdf)
- The University Corporation (TUC) Additional Pay System Guide (.pdf)
- How to Approve Requests Guide (.pdf)
Automated Additional Pay System Video Guides
Deadlines for Human Resources Processing
The document below specifies the deadlines set by Human Resources and the Office of Faculty Affairs to submit State payment authorizations:
- Deadlines for HR Processing (.pdf)
For questions regarding the Additional Employment policy or the Automated Additional Pay System, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.