The plumbers, electricians, carpenters, auto mechanics, HVAC experts and locksmiths in Engineering Services perform maintenance work and major/minor repairs to campus facilities, as well as remodel and renovate classrooms and offices at the request of the department.
Scroll down to learn more about each of our shops, and how we can assist you.
Performs the following on all University trucks, vans, carts, heavy equipment and small equipment:
- Service & Maintenance
Service Calls Include: On campus towing, breakdowns, jump starts and gasoline refueling (for State owned vehicles only). If you require a jump start or unlocking for your personal (non-State owned) vehicle, contact the Department of Police Services at (818) 677-2111.
Creates architectural drawings used by PPM and the campus community, records changes to rooms and buildings, creates maps and diagrams, and maintains CSUN's library of campus building blueprints and specifications.
Carpentry Services provides services in the following areas:
- Remodel of classrooms & offices
- Installation of a variety of boards
- Ceiling repair
- Roof repair
- Concrete repair
- Fence repair and replacement
- Damaged wall repair
- Floor repair
Assists in the following areas:
- Maintenance of campus electrical infrastructure
- Installation, repair and maintenance of campus building power
- Building lighting
- Fire alarms
- Emergency generators
- Blue light phones
- Swimming pool lights
- Parking lot lights
- Street light parking
- Campus parking structure lighting
The University contracts out elevator maintenance for all repairs and maintenance to campus elevators under PPM's supervision. If you discover an inoperable or malfunctioning elevator, please call Work Control Center (818) 677-2222 to report the problem.
All elevators have emergency telephones. If you need assistance, push the button and you will be instantly connected to Police Services.
If you become stuck in an elevator:
2. There is no danger of an elevator falling or running out of air.
3. Use the emergency phone. Work Control Center will dispatch a technician immediately.
4. Please stay on the line until the service provider advises you to hang up.
- Maintains the heating and air conditioning of campus buildings and implements the University’s energy conservation activities. The central plant, which provides heating and cooling to the buildings, operates twenty hours a day.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
One of our most important goals is lowering CSUN's overall energy use. We accomplish this by installing energy efficient equipment, developing procedures to lessen energy consumption, and constantly looking for new ways to save energy without disrupting campus activities.
Installs and maintains locks and keys for doors, desks and cabinets on the CSUN campus. Our lock shop re-keys and replaces hardware when needed, and our expertise includes campus Omni locks, ADA accessible doors and door closers.
Is responsible for the interior and exterior of campus buildings and rooms.
Our services include the following:
- Painting interior and exterior of campus buildings and rooms
- Painting of campus carts
- Striping and painting of curbs and parking lots
- Striping of campus athletic fields
- Drywall installation and repair
- Installation and repair of carpet, ceramic tile and vinyl tile
- Finish/refinish natural wood
Installs, maintains and repairs the campus' domestic water lines, sewage systems and storm drain systems. Our shop also works on major infrastructure projects, e.g., CSUN Fuel Cell site, and minor office/lab renovations.
Director, Engineering Services
(818) 677-5988 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Carpenter Shop, Electric Shop, Paint Shop
TODD ANDREW, Asst. Director
(818) 677-2037 / email@example.com
Automotive Services, Lock Shop
DAVID ROSS, Asst. Director
(818) 677-7143 /
(818) 677-5987 / firstname.lastname@example.org