Originally founded in 1958 as San Fernando Valley State College, then renamed in 1972 to California State University, Northridge, the campus has seen its share of growth and development. Beginning with a 165-acre site purchased for $6,000 an acre, the campus has grown to 353 acres with 91 facilities on-site.
Further Historical References
|Campus Time Line, "The Early Years: San Fernando Valley State College" - The Los Angeles Times||Read More|
|Video of CSUN and its history. - CSUN||Read More|
|Collection of Historical photos of the campus and members - Pinterest||Read More|