Application Information or What do I need to come into the English Master's Program?
- Frequently asked Questions
- Prospective Students to the University
- Requirements for Admission to the English MA Program
- Qualifying Course List (If you do not have a BA in English, you must take 8 courses from this list)
- Students may take these courses through: Tseng College Open University
- Applications for Fall 2013: Apply through CSUMentor Open: October 1, 2012, priority given to applications prior to May 1, 2013.
Requirements for the Degree
- Core Requirements
- Option I: Literature
- Option II: Creative Writing
- Option III: Rhetoric and Composition Theory
Program Class Schedules
- Fall 2013 Tentative English Graduate Course Schedule
- Fall 2013 Graduate Course Descriptions
- Spring 2014 Tentative English Graduate Course Schedule
- Class Search
- Schedule of Classes (SOC) and Registration Guide
- Top 10 Registration Tips
- How To Guides for Students
As a Cal State Northridge student, you'll view and manage your academic, financial and personal information using the CSUN student portal called myNorthridge.
Change in Academic Schedule after Start of Classes (Add and Drop)
- 400 level consent forms Spring 2013: Due the first week of the semester
- Cover Sheet for CW writing sample
- Cover Sheet for RC writing sample
- University Student Forms
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Job Opportunites through Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Department Awards and Prizes
- Graduate Student Financial Opportunites
University Graduate Studies Information
- CSUN Graduate Studies/Graduate Evaluation Services
- What are the Steps to Graduate for Master's Students?
- University Graduate Students Events
- Thesis Information: University Thesis Guidelines Students submitting Master’s Thesis/Project/Abstract or Doctoral students submitting Dissertations are required to submit their work in electronic format through the ETD (Electronic Thesis Dissertation) system.
- For Fall 2012 Thesis Deadlines: October 5, complete and submit Thesis Project Planning form via ETD; November 19, Deadline to upload thesis for formatting via ETD; December 10, Deadline for final approval electronic thesis.
- California Pre-Doctoral Program
- University Catalog
- Associated Graduate Students in English (AGSE) (Includes Tutoring List)
- Sigma Tau Delta
- Critical Theory Club
- Graduate Reading Series
- Northridge Creative Writing Circle
Teaching Associate Program
The English Department at California State University, Northridge has developed an especially strong program for training teachers in teaching first year composition. Composition is the most universally required course in colleges and universities today. If you are interested in preparing for a teaching career, especially in post-secondary education, you will want to apply. The English Department offers a limited number of openings for Classified Graduate Students who wish to be Teaching Associates.
Associated Graduate Students of English
The Associated Graduate Students of English (AGSE) is an organization of English graduate students that coordinates events to help support and enhance graduate students' experience. We encourage professionalism, networking, and educational advancement through our various programs, workshops, and activities.
The AGSE also provides a list of tutors for students seeking personal one-on-one help with essays and papers in a variety of subjects. Each prospective tutor is a CSUN graduate student in English and an active AGSE member. A list of tutors is available on our blog homepage at this link: http://agsetutoring.blogspot.com/.
Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society at California State University, Northridge.