TENTATIVE SPRING 2014 GRADUATE SCHEDULE
From Dr. Kent Baxter, Graduate Advisor
Key: CW=Creative Writing, Lit=Literature, RC=Rhetoric and Composition Theory
Please note the following:
- Three 620's, three 630's, two 622's, two 623s and two 654s may be taken as long as the individual class topics are not repeated.
- CW students are allowed to take two 512's, 608's and 609's
- CW students must take 2 workshops in their primary genre.
- 400 level courses may not be used for required graduate level (500-600) literature courses. Students may take up two 400-level courses with the approval of Dr. Baxter via the "400-Level Consent Form", due the first week of classes.
- Classified graduate students who have completed 15-18 units of graduate study should make an appointment with Dr. Baxter in order to draw up a contract/formal program.
- Before students can enroll in their culminating experience (697C, 698C, 698D), they must be classified, have a formal contract on file with the English Department, and have submitted both the "intent" form and receipt for graduation application.
- Permission numbers for 697C, 698C, and 698D are given by Marjie's office via email.
- Students must apply for graduation once they complete 18-24 units.
- Permission to enroll for 600A, 600B & BF are given after acceptance into the TA program. TAs must be fully classified and enrolled in order to teach.
SPRING 2014 GRADUATE SCHEDULE
|**12:30-3:15 pm||***Engl 600A: College Comp.: Theory & Pedagogy T.A. Sem. (RC) Clark, I. (Note: Students must be accepted to the TA program to enroll in this course) (Enrollment by permission number only)|
|4-6:45 pm||Engl 652: Creative Writing Studies (CW Core) Haake
Engl 630: Seminar in Literary Periods: The Foreign American (Lit) Uba
|7-9:45 pm||Engl 651: Rhetorical Theory and Composition (RC Core) Wexler|
|4-6:45 pm||Engl 622: Aspects in Poetry (CW) Hall
***Engl 698D: Graduate Project(Culminating Experience for RC & Lit) Dawahare (Note:students must be in their last semester and turn in Intent to take 698D prior to registration. Enrollment is by permission number only through Marjie's office)
|7-9:45 pm||Engl 595PB: The Picture Book (Lit) Stallcup|
|4-6:45 pm||Engl 654: Advanced Rhetoric and Composition: Rhetoric of Language (RC) Pandey|
|7-9:45 pm||Engl 638: Critical Approaches to Literature(Core) Solomon|
|4-6:45 pm||Engl 512: Writing for Performance (CW) Mitchell
Engl 620M: Seminar in Individual Authors:Yeats (Lit) Clark, D
|7-9:45 pm||Engl 630: Seminar in Literary Periods: Defiant Women in the Long Eighteenth Century (Lit) Spratt
***Engl 698D: Graduate Project (Culminating Experience for CW) Mitchell (Note:students must be in their last semester and turn in Intent to take 698D prior to registration. Enrollment is by permission number only through Marjie's office)
||Engl 604: Seminar in Language and Linguistics (Core) Klein|
**Notice scheduled time of class
Reminder, students must be fully classified upon completion of first 12 graduate units (usually 4 classes).