Spring 2015 Admission Information
- The EPC Department will ONLY be accepting applications for the following Master of Arts programs and Certificate program: Development, Learning, Instruction, & Evaluation; Early Childhood Education; Program Evaluation in Education and Education Related Settings Certificate.
- Students must submit both an electronic application and paper application for their file to be considered complete. All electronic and paper application materials for SPRING 2015 ADMISSION must be received by the department no later than October 31, 2014.
- To apply to the EPC department for one of the above open programs, please use our online application.
Fall 2015 Admission Information
Applicants may submit their application early during the Early Bird Deadline: DEC 8, 2014 through DEC 22, 2014.
Applications submitted after the Early Bird Deadline will be accepted no later than January 9, 2015.
Students must submit both an electronic application and paper application for their file to be considered complete. All electronic and paper application materials for FALL 2014 ADMISSION must be received by the department no later than January 9, 2015.
FOR FALL 2015 ADMISSION, all department and university application materials must be received no later than January 9, 2015 for application consideration. This date supersedes any other dates that may be noted on any other web page or any other part of this web page. Failure to ensure that all of your application materials arrive by this date may result in your application being rejected. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all materials arrive in a timely manner.
The M.S. programs in Counseling do not have spring entry available.
These are cohorted programs with limited numbers due to specific accreditation standards involved with professional preparation requirements. Please apply by January 9, 2015 for the following programs: Career Counseling; College Counseling; Marriage & Family Therapy; School Psychology; School Counseling; Early Childhood Education; and Development, Learning, Instruction & Evaluation. Note: School Counseling and College Counseling programs start in the summer. All other programs start in the fall.
No applications will be considered unless all of the following have been received:
- Educational Psychology and Counseling Department Electronic Application
- Personal statement
- Current resume
- Pre-requisite information (see below)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Download our Recommendation Form.
- Print out of University Application confirmation page
- Apply at http://www.csumentor.edu
- Copies of applicable test scores. Please see our Application Checklist for more information.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Transcript showing degree has been awarded OR
- If you are currently an undergraduate, most recent transcript (sent by the application deadline) and a final transcript, after your degree has been awarded. You will not be permitted to matriculate unless this second transcript is received.
- Unofficial copies may be submitted to the department. Official copies must be submitted to the university.
Individual programs have specific prerequisites. If you did not complete the required coursework at CSUN, you may request that comparable coursework from CSUN or other institutions be accepted as a substitute. Use our Pre-approved Prerequisite Substitution list.
You may petition for alternatives not on the pre-approved list by contacting our Graduate Admissions Advisor, Shannon Sexton, and by submitting the Prerequisite substitution form for each substitution you are requesting.
If a course is already on the Pre-approved list, you do not need to submit a form.
In addition, an on-campus, by-invitation-only interview is required for admission. Because of the large number of applicants, not all applicants will be invited for interviews. You will be notified sometime after the application deadline of the interview date once all of your application materials have been received. Interview dates cannot be rescheduled.
For further information, please check the following before contacting us:
- EPC Frequently Asked Questions
- EPC Prospective Students
- EPC Student Handbook
- CSUN Requirements for admission to a Master's program
- CSU Information for applicants to graduate programs
- CSUN University Catalog
- Admissions and Records
If, after reviewing these links, you have additional questions, please contact our Graduate Advisor, Shannon Sexton at and 818/677-5719 for weekly office hours or the department office at 818/677-2599.