IMPORTANT! Coursework for the Master’s Degree and Preliminary Services (Tier I) Credential are identical; however, the degree and the credential are awarded by two separate and distinct agencies, California State University and the State Credentials Office respectively. Therefore, a candidate who is pursuing both the Master’s Degree and Preliminary Services Credential must apply to each agency separately, and those applications should be submitted concurrently.
To apply for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential please click here: Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program or contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 for assistance.
Master of Arts and Tier I Credential
- ELPS 600 Research in Educational Leadership
- ELPS 650 Contemporary Administrative Leadership
- ELPS 663 Legal Aspects of Educational Administration
- ELPS 664 Business and Financial Aspects of Educational Administration
- ELPS 672 Management of Human Resources
- ELPS 676 School Community Relations
- ELPS 681 Organization and Administration of Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education
- ELPS 682 Supervision of Curriculum and Instruction
- ELPS 675 Decision Making Simulation in Educational Administration
- ELPS 688 Fieldwork (Must be taken with no more than 6 units remaining)
- ELPS 697 Comprehensive Exam
- Five years of professional educational experience with a clear teaching or services credential by the completion of this program.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Possession of a valid California credential.
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)/Miller Analogies Test (MAT), with acceptable score.
- Passing score on California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Two letters of recommendation from practicing school administrators.
- All students must take the Comprehensive Examination.
- An average grade of “B” or better must be maintained throughout the program. No grade lower than a "C" will be accepted