Candidates must submit a Student Teaching Application during the semester prior to the one in which they wish to student teach.
Student Teaching Application Deadlines
Spring Admission: December 15th
Fall Admission: August 1st
If you have not been admitted to a credential program do not submit a Student Teaching application as it will not be processed.
If you were admitted under Exceptional Admission because of GPA, you are not eligible to student teach until you have completed one semester of post-admission coursework.
To be eligible for student teaching all of the following requirements must be met: (You may submit application if these items are in progress)
- Admission to credential program
- Basic Skills Requirement
Subject Matter Competency
Passage of appropriate subject matter exam or completion of subject matter program for Single Subject and Special Education only
FYI and JYI only: completion of 80% subject matter program
- Writing Proficiency (one of the following options):
CBEST writing score of 41 or better
UDWPE with a score of 10 or better
Approved Upper Division Writing course ENG 305, ENG 406, or COMS 321 with a grad of "C" or better
Passage of CSET: Writing Skills
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- Passage of ASLPI (Education Specialist DHH Program students only)
- Prerequisite courses must be completed (see your credential progress report for prerequisite and co-requisite requirements)
- GPA Requirement: Maintain an overall GPA of 2.75 for all coursework taken after admission to credential program. Maintain cumulative 3.0 GPA in Professional Education courses. A grade of “C or better” is required in all courses.
- Other program conditions, if applicable
|ACT||ACT candidates do not need to complete a Student Teaching Application.|
|ITEP||ITEP Multiple Subject candidates are required to attend an ITEP Student Teaching Orientation Meeting. ITEP Education Specialist candidates DO NOT need to attend the orientation meeting, fill out and submit the application listed below.|
Apply for student teaching using our online application
If you have questions concerning student teaching placement and supervision, please contact the appropriate department.
|Multiple Subject||Elementary Education Department||(818) 677-3183|
|Single Subject||Secondary Education Department||(818) 677-2580|
|Education Specialist||Special Education Department||(818) 677-2596|