Mild/Moderate Disabilities Master’s Requirements (30 Units)
Core Courses (9 Units) (Core Prerequisite: Classified Status)
- SPED 681 Graduate Research in Special Education (3)
- SPED 682 Advanced Clinical Practicum in Special Education (pre-requisite or co-requisite SPED 681) (3)
- SPED 683 Current Trends in Special Education (pre-requisite or co-requisite SPED 681, 682) (3)
Advanced Specialization Course Requirements (9 Units)
- SPED 611 Collaborating to Meet the Needs of Special Populations (3)
- SPED 620 Assessment and Evaluation in Special Education (3)
- SPED 670 Reading Processes (3)
Concentration Area (9 units)
(Courses satisfying Level I requirements may not be included in the concentration area)
Selected strands of graduate coursework, to be determined in consultation with advisor, which will expand student knowledge of exceptionality and core skills with complementary content from related areas of study.
Culminating Experience (3 units)
- SPED 697 Directed Comprehensive Studies (3) OR
- SPED 698 Thesis or Graduate Project (3)
For More Information on the Masters Program contact the graduate advisor.