Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic
MFCC ANNOUNCES OUR SPRING 2014 SPECIAL PROMOTION PACKAGE
For new couple or family clients
8 sessions for $120.00!
Space is limited -
For more information
call Vera Chelyapov (818) 677-2568
MFCC GROUPS : $120 for 8 group sessions !!! (paid in advance in full)
- Siblings of Children with Special Needs
- Art Therapy and Social Skills for age 5-8 - Mondays at 5pm
- Art Therapy and Soc Skills for age 9-12
- Anxiety & Stress Mgmt
- Adults Living with Asperger's
The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic (MFCC) is a community service site for the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling in the Michael D. Eisner College of Education at California State University, Northridge. The MFCC program provides a clinical training and research site for graduate level students in the college’s counseling programs, while also providing much-needed counseling services to members of our local community on a sliding scale fee basis.
Community Services offered by the MFCC include:
- Adult, couples, child, family, and group counseling
- Counseling on various issues including parenting skills, parenting education, anger management, family issues, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, divorce developmental states and social skills.
- Play therapy and SandPlay therapy
- Art therapy
- Bibliotherapy and videotheraphy
- Cognitive behavioral and solution-focused therapies
- School based counseling services
- Assessment and treatment of At-Risk students
- Child abuse recognition training
- Read an article about the clinic
MFCC brings the resources of a major university toward meeting the needs of our local community by providing high-quality and affordable services to children, families, and adults. The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic serves the community by offering assessment and counseling services, as well as referrals for the university and surrounding community. Additionally, the MFCC has established satellite counseling programs in the community.
Joyce Medley, Interim Director
Vera Chelyapov, Administrator
We are available by appointment weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Please, no walk ins. Call to schedule an appointment.
Location and Parking
The Mitchell Clinic is located inside the Teaching, Learning, and Counseling Consortium (TLCC). The TLCC is located on the northwest corner of the CSUN campus in the Education Administration Building. Parking is available directly across the street in parking structure B5. Please note there is a $6 daily parking fee.