Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic
MFCC COUPLES AND FAMILY COUNSELING
$160 for 8 sessions (paid in advance in full)
MFCC GROUPS : $120 for 8 group sessions !!! (paid in advance in full)
- Siblings of Children with Special Needs
- Art Therapy and Social Skills for age 5-8 - Mondays at 5pm
- Art Therapy and Soc Skills for age 9-12
- Anxiety & Stress Mgmt
- Adults Living with Asperger's
The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic (MFCC) is a community service site for the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling in the Michael D. Eisner College of Education at California State University, Northridge. The MFCC program provides a clinical training and research site for graduate level students in the college’s counseling programs, while also providing much-needed counseling services to members of our local community on a sliding scale fee basis.
Community Services offered by the MFCC include:
- Adult, couples, child, family, and group counseling
- Counseling on various issues including parenting skills, parenting education, anger management, family issues, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, divorce developmental states and social skills.
- Play therapy and SandPlay therapy
- Art therapy
- Bibliotherapy and videotheraphy
- Cognitive behavioral and solution-focused therapies
- School based counseling services
- Assessment and treatment of At-Risk students
- Child abuse recognition training
MFCC brings the resources of a major university toward meeting the needs of our local community by providing high-quality and affordable services to children, families, and adults. The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic serves the community by offering assessment and counseling services, as well as referrals for the university and surrounding community. Additionally, the MFCC has established satellite counseling programs in the community.
Joyce Medley, Interim Director
Vera Chelyapov, Administrator
We are available by appointment weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Please, no walk ins. Call to schedule an appointment.
Directions and Parking
The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic is located on the northwest corner of the CSUN campus in the Education Administration Building (EA) on Etiwanda between Vincennes and Plummer. It is a one-story building between the Education Building (EB) and the Noski Auditorium (NA). Enter the clinic on the Noski Auditorium side.
Parking is available directly across the street in parking structure B5. Please note there is a $6 daily parking fee. There is also limited street parking on Vincennes and Plummer, east of Reseda Blvd. Please regard all street signs.
To access the clinic using public transportation:
The CSUN Transit Station, stop number 30018, is located North of University Hall on Vincennes St. and Etiwanda Ave.
The CSUN Transit Station is not open on weekends. Metro Line 167 stops at Reseda/Plummer, 7 days a week.
The bus lines that serve the CSUN Transit Station are:
- Metro Bus Line 167 (accessing Plummer Street)
- Metro Bus Line 741 (Rapid) (accessing Reseda Blvd)
- AVTA Express Line 787 (accessing Palmdale/Lancaster)
- CSUN Metrolink Shuttle (accessing the Northridge Metrolink Station)
After you arrive at the Transit Station head north on Etiwanda Avenue toward the Education Building. Once you pass the Education Building you will be by a one-story building, Education Administration (EA), that houses the Mitchell Clinic. Enter the clinic on the North side, facing Noski Auditorium.
If you take the 166/364 Metro bus, get off at the corner of Nordhoff and Lindley. Walk west on Nordhoff toward Etiwanda. Turn right, to head North, on Etiwanda and continue north past Dearborn, Prairie, and Vincennes Streets. On the corner of Vincennes and Etiwanda is the Education Building. Once you pass the Education Building you will see a one-story building, Education Administration (EA), which houses the Mitchell Clinic. Enter the clinic on the North side, facing Noski Auditorium.