Debbie Leidner Student Scholarship
Award amount: $1000
We are pleased to announce that one deserving student within the ELPS K-12 MA option will receive the second annual Debbie Leidner Student Scholarship Award in Spring 2014.
- 3.50 or better GPA in ELPS K-12 MA Program coursework as of Fall 2013.
- Completed 18 units (equivalent to three semesters) in the ELPS K-12 MA program.
Must be FULLY CLASSIFIED at the time of application and currently enrolled in the K-12 ELPS MA program.
Your complete application consists of just three items submitted as one packet:
- One Letter of Recommendation from an ELPS full-time or part-time faculty professor.
- One Letter from a professional educator (e.g. teacher, teacher leader, administrator, retired educator, etc.) that has worked with you.
- Your essay
- You must incorporate an example of your passion for the profession and commitment to pursuing a leadership role in education.
- Required essay format: maximum 3 pages, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Reviewers will consider equally the content of the essay as well as the clarity of writing in addition to the letters of recommendation.
All applications are due by 4:30 PM on Monday, February 24, 2014.
Please e-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail entries are preferable, but hard copy applications will receive equal consideration if received by the deadline.
NO FAXES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The recipient will be notified by 5:00 PM on March 21, 2014 via CSUN e-mail.
NOTE: if recipient is receiving financial assistance from the university, his or her financial aid may be reduced the amount of the award.