EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND POLICY STUDIES
California State University, Northridge
Suggested Reflection Guidelines
Helping ELPS Students Reflect
The following questions were developed in an attempt to assist our ELPS candidates in completing the reflection assignment(s) that are either a course requirement or may be assigned by an Instructor.
Length of response will be assigned by individual instructor unless otherwise noted on ELPS 688 rubric.
- What have I learned from this assignment?
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What skills/dispositions/knowledge/understanding did I need in order to complete this assignment?
- What prepared to complete this assignment?
- How can I improve on this assignment?
- How can I follow-up on this assignment?
- What went well? What was disappointing?
- What should I do differently?
- How do the lessons learned from this assignment apply to my work as a current educator or as a future administrator?
Adapted from: The Art of School Leadership
Thomas R. Hoerr